He was giving a 3 hr talk at Downward Dog Yoga Studio in Toronto. Before going, I met up with my great like minded friends Michelle, Joy & Elaine at Fresh to fill our bodies with lots of yummy kale, broccoli, rice & tempeh.
- Raw Cacoa/Chocolate: This is the highest antioxidant food in the world, blowing away red wine, green tea & blueberries. Also the highest food in Vitamin C which is stripped away when you consume chocolate in it's processed form. I like to add cacoa nibs to my morning oats & smoothies.
- Goji Berries: This is the #1 food in Chinese Medicine and also one of the highest anti-ox sources in the world. They are very rich in Vit C & B Vitamins and each serving as 7 grams of fiber & 6 grams of protein. I noticed that the Bulk Barn is now carrying them so they are becoming easier to buy!
- Maca: Originating in South America, this is the highest altitude growing crop in the world. It contains 20 Essential Fatty Acids, 20 Amino Acids and is most known for it's powerful endocrine support. Anyone experiencing hormonal/fertility issues will benefit greatly from adding this to their daily diet.
- Marine Phytoplankton: The entire ecosystem of the world depends on this making it the most nutritious food in the world! It contains every mineral, it's a complete protein, and is the richest source of Chlorophyll. If life as we know it was wiped out tomorrow, this is the only one that would keep living! Probably the most common forms are Nori & Kombu (Seaweed)
So...now you're wondering how in the world to add these into your daily eats right? I've got you covered:
I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes:
- Add Goji berries, Cacoa nibs & Chia Seeds(another superfood) to your oatmeal or make a pudding with them.
- Add Maca to your smoothie or try making these Aphrodizzy Chocolate Pop-dickles
- Add a stick of Kombu to your boiling water when cooking beans. It will add nutrients, speed up cooking and low the gas producing potential!
Mr. Wolfe is also well known for his Longevity Now Conference with the next one occurring April 1-3rd in California. If you ever have the opportunity to hear him speak I would highly recommend you go!
The other highlights of our night included:
- testing out the awesome products that Living Libations brought.
- Buzzing all night from trying Kombutcha for the first time and splitting a $20 Clarity mint-chocolate Bar with Michelle.
- Browsing through Wolfe's books such as Eating for Beauty and hoping to find the time to read it!
- All around great conversation with like-minded friends :)
Instead of my regular meal plan this monday, I thought I'd provide you list of a few more great recipes that include these superfoods! I challenge you to give one of these a try this week!
~Don't worry about what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
To your Swellbeing,